Cosmetic Dentistry In Washington IL: Something To Smile About!
We don’t just keep your teeth healthy – we can make them look beautiful, too. If you’re looking for a dentist that offers cosmetic dentistry in Peoria IL, turn to Associates in Dentistry.
Does Associates in Dentistry Offer Cosmetic Dentistry?
Modern dentistry offers many techniques to improve the look of your smile. Some are simple one-visit procedures while others require more extensive work. Some the cosmetic dentistry procedures include:
- Teeth whitening: Probably the most popular smile enhancement is also the fastest and easiest one – teeth whitening. Over time, your teeth may become noticeably discolored from aging as well as from years of ingesting substances that can darken your teeth. Coffee, tea, tobacco, cola and red wine can all stain your teeth. Using custom teeth whitening trays, we can lighten this discoloration.
- Tooth contouring: Small imperfections are relatively simple to improve via contouring or reshaping. The process usually takes less than an hour. However, this technique is only recommended for minor changes. Removing large amounts of enamel could weaken your teeth.
- Bonding: Bonding is another relatively fast and simple way to correct minor imperfections. It involves the application of a tooth-colored composite material to your tooth. We sculpt this composite material as desired and then harden it with a special high-intensity light. AFter that, we smooth and polish the surface. A bonded tooth looks very natural.
- Veneers: Porcelain or laminate veneers do require more work than many other cosmetic procedures, but the improvements can be dramatic. We bond thin layers of porcelain or laminates to the front of your teeth. This can eliminate gaps or improve the look of worn, chipped, discolored or misaligned teeth. We first file down the existing tooth to allow for the new veneer’s thickness. We take an impression of your teeth during this process so the laboratory can provide a perfect fit. Because of the need to have the veneers made by a lab, this process normally requires two visits.
- Teeth straightening: We offer Invisalign, a clear braces alternative that snaps over your teeth. The aligners are changed periodically as your teeth change position, and most people find the process easier and more comfortable than metal braces.
Is Regular Dental Care Available As Well?
In addition to cosmetic dentistry, Associates in Dentistry offers a full array of regular dental care, including:
- Cleaning and checkups
- Root canals, implants and oral surgery
- Preventive dentistry
- Restorative dentistry
- Emergency services
- Additional dental services
Are You Ready To Obtain A More Beautiful Smile?
Our professional team is ready to give you something to smile about. For the best cosmetic dentistry in Washington IL, call (309) 444-8481.